My Spidey Senses are.. Itching? Horrifying Urban Legend Comes To Life

This terrifying photo of a spider in an ear canal is brought to you by Rednet via Weibo

Have you ever gotten an insatiable itch inside of your ear that you were unable to scratch? Ever considered that your real-life spidey-senses just might be tingling?

What could be worse than a large eyed, furry, fanged creature sneaking up to you and trying to crawl into your ear? (And no, we don’t mean that “creepy uncle”)

A woman in China recently visited Changsha Hospital after an itching sensation became worrisome, only to discover a horrific urban legend come to life: a spider had begun to make a home for itself within in her ear canal while she was sleeping.

Doctors were able to remove the friendly neighborhood spider using a saline solution, aggravating the spider out of its new home. Luckily she didn’t try to scratch her inner ear, as it only would have made matters worse. It was speculated to have been living inside her ear for approx. 5 days.

If caught in the same situation, we’re confident playing any track by Justin Bieber would also be an effective treatment plan, if not just as effective as a .45 magnum.

Further Reading:

Huffington Post

Red Net

Maritimer
Justin is an admitted starving artist, and a poor one at that. He enjoys immersing himself in the philosophy and lack of methodology of paranormal research. He is currently employed as a Front End Web Developer and resides in the frozen wasteland that is Canada... eh?

1. Kirsty

08/09/2012 at 2:39 PM

Ick! Well, that saves me from sleeping tonight.

2. Jake

08/10/2012 at 11:34 AM

Don’t you think listening to Bieber might be a little cruel? I mean you want to aggravate it. Not torture it to the point of it tearing it’s own head off.

• Maritimer

08/10/2012 at 11:57 AM

Hah, that’s why I mentioned the .45 magnum. It’s merciful in comparison, and solves the lifetime of trauma that a saline solution can’t wash away

• Jake

08/11/2012 at 1:35 AM

Haha, yeah quick and painless!

3. R Emmet Lee

08/10/2012 at 4:03 PM

Oh good. Just what I wanted to hear about having just recently returned from China…

4. Donna Anderson

08/12/2012 at 3:46 PM

I kept telling myself I’m not going to read that article, I’m not going to read that article… But it’s like a wreck on the side of the road! I had to slow down and take a look and now I feel this tingling in my ear! Darn you Maritimer!