Woman Snaps Creepy Photo of “Mothman” Through Peephole

Is this a photo of the often menacing, always elusive Mothman? A woman by the name of Sharon Davis thinks so, after all, she snapped the photograph through the peephole of her apartment. It’s so hard to find nice neighbors these days.

Sharon shared the photo with Clyde Lewis of the Portland, Oregon based Ground Zero radio show. After contacting him for advice on a creature stalking her home, Clyde suggested that she snap a photo and send it in. Too afraid to actually go outside or even look out the window, Sharon grabbed her friends cell phone, stuck it up to the peephole on the door, and snapped this image that appears to show a very tall humanoid figure standing next to her car. Here’s what she had to say about the photo:

The being is boldly and directly looking at me and is not intimidated by me in the least. It was there all night, it orginally was standing at the back bumper of my car and I did take several pictures which shows that it did not stay stationary but did move to the mid section of the car and half in half out.

So, what do you think? Did Sharon snap a photo of the Mothman? Or is it something else?

The gang from Planet Weird and I recently had the pleasure of visiting Mothman’s hometown of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, but aside from a huge statue with a bare ass, he was nowhere to be found. Probably out detailing Sharon’s car.

1. Josh

11/19/2012 at 12:45 PM

Kind of looks like outline of a man standing next to a car. But just like all the Bigfoot photos (and any other creature ever), it’s too grainy to tell anything. We need someone who isn’t afraid of stuff to start hunting these creatures so we can get some HD pics. It’s about time.

• Jill

11/23/2012 at 9:09 PM

“We need someone who isn’t afraid of stuff to start hunting these creatures so we can get some HD pics. ” —-Who exactly do you suggest? What bigfoot/crypto hunter extraordinaire do you have in mind? Every single one I’ve seen either scares the monster off, runs from it or just stands there talking loudly. I wish there was someone. It is about time.

2. busterggi

11/19/2012 at 6:09 PM

hmmmm….

No wings, no glowing red eyes, a distinct head & neck. Not even close to the description of mothman.

• Pourquoi Paranormal?

03/06/2013 at 9:15 PM

I thought that too at first. I’m an avid mothman fan and was incredibly disappointed. However, paranormal investigators examine the WHOLE picture and I almost had a heart attack 5 minutes later when I saw it. Its a when you see it you’ll s*** bricks scenario. Look in the shadows right behind the highest point on the car you can see in the photo and right behind the right side shoulder of what you currently think is the “creature”. You will see two glowing red eyes, then the rest of the face will come into focus. Its like a stereograph. Once you see it, you can’t UN-see it.

3. Amanda

11/20/2012 at 10:49 AM

Saw the Clyde Lewis show where this story was first broke, damned creepy when you hear it live! I was hoping for more info or possibly a follow up? Like when did she notice the creature leave? Were there other people passing by? If it was a apartment complex, were there other witnesses around? After it left was there any other signs or evidence if it was there? Etc…Just curious.

4. John E

11/20/2012 at 1:28 PM

now that’s mothular.

5. ter ber

11/20/2012 at 6:14 PM

“The half in the car thing” is really creepy. Looks like a shadow man. I think it might be demonic.

• Sea Jay

11/21/2012 at 1:36 AM

agree this is a menacing entity , perhaps put a call in to Paranormal Research Society have it checked out

• emily

01/09/2014 at 2:24 PM

I think tat is a real photo

• Jake Treat

11/21/2012 at 2:05 AM

come, come my friend. As paranormal researchers we can’t just jump to the conclusion that it’s a demon. demons are more disfigured and less human looking. This (if it IS paranormal) is a definantly a shadow man, yet that doesn’t neccessarily mean he’s evil. That being said, it is a fair assumption that due to it’s black color,rather than a white one, its more than liklely it’s a more negative spirit. We also need to take into account the less paranormal possibilities. She’s taking the picture with a cell phone, so obviously the the quality isn’t very good. She’s also looking through a peep whole, which has a special lens, which could somehow scew the reflection of either a person (her,or a man standing by the car/ somewhere near the door) or something that likes like a person. This isn’t exactly a reliable photo, so it’s really hard to say. We all need to do our part to view evidence critically inorder to keep this field of research professional, and less like a bunch people talking about BS (I’m not saying you were, I’m speaking generally :b)

• Pourquoi Paranormal?

03/06/2013 at 9:17 PM

ALbeit I can understand your confusion, the shadowman is simply shadow captured by the camera. The TRUE entity is behind the highest point on the car you can see in the photo and right behind the right side shoulder of what you currently think is the “creature”. You will see two glowing red eyes, then the rest of the face will come into focus. Its like a stereograph. Once you see it, you can’t UN-see it.

6. Celestialfire

11/20/2012 at 7:11 PM

I see a tall shadowy figure half out of the car. This may as well be a higher dimensional being that is partially materialized in the 3rd, physical dimension.

Upon closer inspection, the face appears almost skeletal or Reptilian. With big dark eyes and a dark slit mouth and nose. It appears muscular, and also looks as though it has something draped over its back.

I would not say it is a demonic being, because like anything else, nothing is truly good or bad. This is most likely a multidimensional being of some sort.

• Pourquoi Paranormal?

03/06/2013 at 9:19 PM

7. Mark B

11/21/2012 at 6:59 AM

I gotta criticize this. It looks like a guy wearing a jacket with his hands in the pockets. Creepy, yes. Any proof or suggestion of non-human entity, no. Call the cops, lady.

• Dana Newkirk

11/21/2012 at 10:55 AM

Going to have to agree with, Mark. Probably not a non-human entity…nightmare fuel none-the-less.

8. Jlea

11/21/2012 at 2:44 PM

When I look at it, I see one guy standing behind the car smirking, while another guy is on his knees on the roof with his hands resting on the door just below the window. Once you make that out, you can’t look at the pic and see just one figure anymore.

9. Kat

11/21/2012 at 8:41 PM

If she took several pictures showing this being in different places, why are we seeing only one picture?

10. Michael D. True

11/23/2012 at 11:41 AM

Photo is too piss poor to say anything for sure.

11. Pingback: Anonymous

12. Flucksy

02/25/2013 at 5:27 AM

The comment section always has some enjoyable posts. It looks like a person to me. I would still be alarmed, since they were outside the house all night.