Watch Our Documentary Film “The Bigfoot Hunter: Still Searching” Now! [Video]

“I think we’re going to find him, and I think we’re going to be the first ones in America to do it.”
- Bigfoot Hunter, Tim Holmes

Official IMDB Page
Official Facebook Page

stillsearchingflyersmallThe Bigfoot Hunter: Still Searching, shot in the summer of 2006 during two Sasquatch hunting expeditions in the rural hills of down-state New York, follows the often hilarious, sometimes nerve racking, and always fascinating search of two prominent Bigfoot hunters from the New England region.

Tim Holmes, ex-merchant marine and founder of the Southern Tier Bigfoot Watch, together with his partner Becky Sawyer, a no-nonsense Sasquatch tracker, take to the forests of the tri-state area in a search for the elusive monster, followed by the cameras of a group of young adventurers, many of whom are now the amateur journalists of Who Forted? Magazine and the cast of the upcoming documentary web series Planet Weird.

During the expeditions, the evidence captured on film surprised not only the crew, but two seasoned Sasquatch investigators. Though the film undoubtedly focuses on the North American Man-Ape, the big hairy guy takes a back seat to the bigger personalities of Tim and Becky, who are obsessed with the search for Bigfoot, albeit in very different ways. It’s a film that begs the question, “what matters more, the journey or the destination?”

After disseminating only a few hundred of the official DVD copies of the film to the backers of Planet Weird last year, we’re thrilled to finally have the completed film available to stream online. It was, since it’s inception, a low-budget labor of love six years in the making. Shot for less than $50 on a couple of Handycams that we promptly returned to Wal-Mart after shooting, the film is a glimpse at a moment in time, a time long before shows like Finding Bigfoot had made Sasquatch hunting a living room affair.

We hope you enjoy our little side project, and at the very least have a good time laughing at the sheer absurdity of a weekend in the forest with Tim Holmes. He’s a Bigfoot hunter unlike no other. His appearance in this little film, unsurprisingly, even ended up landing Tim a spot on Spike network’s series Ten Million Dollar Bigfoot Bounty (until he was unceremoniously canned at the last minute). After watching Still Searching, I’m sure you’ll realize what a huge mistake that was. Don’t worry though, I have a feeling we haven’t seen the last of Holmes.

By all means, please let us know what you thought about the film. You can tweet us @WhoForted, discuss it with us on our official Facebook page, or drop us a line in the comments section below.

1. Henry

02/14/2013 at 12:35 PM

“I’m definitely a good bigfoot hunter. Definitely.”

2. Setre

02/14/2013 at 1:57 PM

The Bigfoot Hunter: Still Searching is one of the best documentaries I’ve ever seen. I’m can’t wait to watch Planet Weird now.

3. Pingback: Free Valentine’s Day Movie for You! Love, Me

4. Myron Getman

02/14/2013 at 7:37 PM

Yup, the ditching of Holmes may be one of the biggest television production errors ever made. He’s a gold mine!

• Nick

02/14/2013 at 8:13 PM

Those are the exact words I used. Then I spent time with him. Then I got to know him. Trust me. There is no error.

5. Totem

02/14/2013 at 7:58 PM

That’s some funny work there. I hope Holmes doesn’t piss off a bear out there, we need more Holmes. I don’t like guns, but Dana needs to shoot more guns.

6. pete rakete

02/15/2013 at 5:59 AM

Just wanted to tell you, you guys rock! Great film!
    I couldn´t wait to see the film, since I listened to your interview on MU.
    Now you have fans here in europe, too.
    Looking forward to your next masterpiece….

Pete

7. Stormeye

02/21/2013 at 9:50 AM

I realize that this was supposed to be tongue in cheek and it succeeds nicely at that purpose but, seriously, it scares me to think that this guy is still running around loose in the woods with a gun or guns. I’ll bet he does not even have sense enough to wear bright colors out in the woods during deer hunting season.

Given the equipment you had to work with though, I thought the film was very well put together and look forward to seeing more features. Congrats on a job well done.

8. Pep

03/03/2013 at 10:58 AM

I thought your documentary and all its personalities,were wonderful. It was just allot of fun.And sometimes in the field of anomalous research, taping into your inner child and just having fun again seems lost.Kudos to you all.

In regards to our hero in the film. I found him to be a well meaning person, who is more lonely and thus sympathetic to me then a DOLT to be feared and ridiculed.

I hope he finds love before he finds Big-fooot. One would be much better for him.

Kudos on a great film.

9. Kayla

01/13/2014 at 2:56 PM

If you want to find a Bigfoot i would could to midland Michigan.. And i say this is because me and my husband was going down a wooded road and out in the trees there was a thing that looked like a tall man that was very heavyset and a lot of hair around it whole body i wasn’t really thinking much about it but i had my husband turn around to see it one more time so i could take a picture so could ask a friend what they thought it was and it was gone that fast and i didn’t believe in Bigfoot but after seeing that now i believe there is thing out there and im 100% right that we have a Bigfoot here in midland county…..

10. Pingback: Bigfoot Hunter: Still Searching | Ghost Theory