Strange “Troll” Creature Photographed in Rural Pennsylvania

Something weird is lurking in the snowy forests of Pennsylvania, and one woman claims to have captured evidence of it on camera.

A woman named Polly took to Facebook a few days ago in order to post this photograph of a “sasquatch” that was snapped on her friend’s rural property. Like all great images of mystery creatures, the digital zoom has been clearly cranked to a max, making any kind of fine detail next to impossible to define, but it appears to show a gangly, crouched creature moving on all fours. Polly told Facebookers that the creature didn’t fear humans and moved like a juvenile primate:

A friend of mine lives in Pennsylvania and saw this as she called her dogs in. She was scared, because it didnt run off. She has 2 big black Chows. We think she saw a baby sasquatch. And that is what she thinks also, because she has never seen anything like this. She knows what a bear looks like, and she said it looked like a little gorilla. – Polly

The gangly beast does’t seem to fit the profile of other Bigfoot snapshots, so many commenters have taken to referring to it as a “troll”.

My first thought, and maybe I play way too many video games, is that the beast looks an awful lot like one of the Grunt’s from Halo. Someone get Master Chief on the the line.

What do you think is peeking at us in the bizarre photo? Are we looking at some kind of undiscovered monster? Or is there a more mundane answer to the pixelated image? Have you ever captured a photo of a strange creature lurking in your yard? We want to know! Share your thoughts with us on Twitter at @WhoForted, or share your evidence with us at our official facebook page.

Pennsylvania Troll Captured on Camera

03/04/2013 at 6:39 AM

That could literally be anything. I think I saw one of those while playing Skyrim last night.

Seriously, it’s 2013. Everybody’s got a smartphone and then some. How is it possible that people take such terrible pictures and then want us to think anything but ‘hoax?’

2. Stormeye

03/04/2013 at 7:04 AM

I know that, given the energies often associated with Fortean phenomenon that getting a good picture is often difficult but, just once, I would like to see someone turn in a picture that at least gave us some sort of frame of reference for what we are seeing. This picture could as easily be a long distance shot of a tangled set of tree limbs as it could a picture of an unknown animal. We have nothing to judge size against and there is only one photo. This one would have to go in the “who the hell knows” pile without extensive investigation and onsite followup.

• Cherie

03/05/2013 at 8:07 AM

I’m in line right behind you on that.

3. Eric

03/04/2013 at 1:42 PM

It’s a guy in winter clothing, wearing a backpack, stooping to gather some snow to form into a snowball.

4. Ken Summers

03/04/2013 at 3:46 PM

Wrong, wrong, wrong! It’s a Slitheen. No doubt about it.

• linda

03/10/2013 at 8:25 AM

could this picture be any more blurry

5. Vicar Lee

03/04/2013 at 7:42 PM

Ken, I agree.

Stormeye, thank you for pointing out the fact that if something doesn’t belong to the natural world, then it follows that its supernatural composition will mean that it is difficult to capture, measure, or otherwise identify. That is very often overlooked or else called an “excuse”.

How can science comment on anything that exists in defiance of the laws of science?

That all said, if this isn’t a Slitheen, it’s a Demon Monkey:

• The captaain

02/16/2014 at 3:23 PM

Are you serious? Everything exists in the laws of science. Nothing is supernatural if it exists in nature (the natural) we might just not have the explanation for it yet. But believe me, when we do, it will be with science. The logic is just so flawed. So I could see a “ghost” and if my camera doesn’t catch it, is it more likely that it is a supernatural being who doesn’t follow our laws of Kodak, or that my eyes are playing tricks on me? or I’m hallucinating or going through fear hypersensitivity? Seriously, using what we know through science to explain the unexplainable is proper investigation. Clutching at straws, unsound logic and nonsense to validate personal beliefs is medieval.

6. Robyn

03/05/2013 at 6:37 AM

I think it looks like a furry At At

• Robyn

03/05/2013 at 6:38 AM

also, Where in PA, I might have to go looking.

7. Cherie

03/05/2013 at 8:06 AM

How about an Imperial Walker? That’s what came to my mind, since it’s such a blur, it could be anything.
    Baby Sasquatch? Peh. ‘Polly’ has been eating too many sugar cookies.

I liked Eric’s answer. A guy about to lob a snowball is much more immediately interesting anyway – at least from a ‘survive the attack’ point of view.

8. Totem

03/06/2013 at 2:40 AM

I couldn’t shoot a worse photograph if I tried. But let’s consider, a strange humanoid creature in rural Pennsyltucky. Nothing to see here. Hurry on and cover your behinds on the way out.

9. Henry

03/06/2013 at 10:31 AM

So, you guys went out bigfoot hunting with Tim again and took his picture?

10. Bob

03/06/2013 at 11:35 AM

An emaciated young bear. Poor thing looks like he’s not long for this world.

11. Totem

03/06/2013 at 7:00 PM

It does resemble a young ragged bear. He looks like he needs a good meal.

12. Carse

03/06/2013 at 10:35 PM

Hmmm the heel is turned straight in !

13. Niners in 2012

03/07/2013 at 5:38 AM

its a bigfoot, carrying a dead fawn!

14. Mike

03/07/2013 at 6:37 AM

It looks like a black lab getting ready to poop.

15. Tomalak

03/07/2013 at 9:21 AM

ALWAYS blurry.

16. Mark

03/07/2013 at 9:25 AM

I think it looks like the pig from Amytiville Horror. Seriously, to me it looks simply like a shadow, nothing more and nothing less.

17. monte

03/07/2013 at 9:34 AM

C’mon…look at it closer, it’s obviously two people having sex!

18. Terri phelps

03/07/2013 at 10:09 AM

It looks like a wolf with an old leg injury!

19. gleep-glop

03/07/2013 at 10:12 AM

It’s the Bear F@cker from Super Troopers.

20. Justice Antonius

03/07/2013 at 12:48 PM

I’m not quick to judge. I’d say it’s probably a primate of some sort. If it’s indeed a bigfoot species. It’s obviously a primate. I don’t know much about trolls. If trolls were real, I’d see them in the primate family too. If not, it could be an unknown species of creature. I also can’t rule out a chimpanzee. It could be anything! It does look unknown to me. It’s not as blurry either. It’s a good pic non the less.

21. The Mike

03/07/2013 at 9:01 PM

It’s a cow.

22. Don

03/07/2013 at 9:36 PM

Relax folks, it’s just my uncle Ralph.

23. Hagar

03/08/2013 at 1:27 AM

- Hey, look! It’s a Bigfoot, I’ll get my cellphone with the really bad camera and take a snapshot!

24. Kimm

03/08/2013 at 8:29 AM

Dude, that a horse bending down to eat grass.

25. Edward

03/08/2013 at 9:18 AM

It sounds like it was a “Nain Rouge”. Those little dwarfs have been attacking people around Detroit since 1701.

26. Chester

03/08/2013 at 10:48 AM

Don’t zoom in; zoom OUT instead. This is a wide-angle shot and is distorted, the closest parts look disproportinately large. It is a head-on view of a dog or coyote snuffling the ground. The head is in the foreground and you can see its left ear perked up. The right ear is obscured by the body. Immediately behind and alongside are its forelegs, foreshortened by the camera angle. The rear legs are occluded. The tail can be seen curling upwards.

27. Robin Swope

03/08/2013 at 10:57 AM

This looks like the bear that was filmed a few years ago in Warren Pa. It looks like a still from some of the footage.

28. Dante Kali Das

03/10/2013 at 11:45 PM

It is the Michigan Dogman, “wolf boy”.

29. MadMaximus

03/11/2013 at 9:17 AM

I am so tired of these hoax videos and photos….its TWENTY THIRTEEN! (2013) that is….Technology is extremely advanced nowadays yet everything “supernatural” that people photograph or record….looks like its on a 1920′s Camera….Actually even the 1920′s cameras had more detail than this mudddy-blurry-B.S. looking photography!! I wont believe….Too many decent cameras out there these days for there to be so many crappy B.S. photos like this. I dont buy it one bit.

30. Askers86

03/11/2013 at 10:46 AM

looks like a “troll” from skyrim

31. TK

03/11/2013 at 9:15 PM

Really???? That’s it???? That’s the picture? Why bother even putting it up?

32. Debz

03/12/2013 at 12:12 AM

It is Smeagol’s father sent to seek out and destroy any ring bearing hobbit.

33. alanborky

03/12/2013 at 3:06 PM

Jesus!

It looks like a guy having sex with a dog drooped over some sort of a frame!

34. rohan

03/13/2013 at 7:38 PM

It is a monkey of some sort, I would say a spider monkey or a macaque.

35. butch

03/19/2013 at 3:52 AM

has any 1 seen macaque? does any 1 want to see macaque? anyne?

36. desert

04/05/2013 at 6:01 PM

Isn’t it convenient that no one…..NO ONE…ever gets a clear picture?

• rich

07/07/2013 at 6:46 PM

Everyone knows bigfoots avoid clear in focus areas.