Small Humanoid Creature Photographed Creeping Texas Gas Plant

bizarregnome

A night worker on the Texas gas lines had to look twice when he noticed a strange, miniature humanoid out of the corner of his eye. When he realized it wasn’t just his imagination playing tricks with him, he quickly snapped a photograph and sent it over to Lon at Phantoms and Monsters (be sure to check his post for the original image, really helps see the scale) with this description:

Nov. 2012 – I was working the night shift on an x-ray crew at a material gas plant. This was around 3 am and there was only four of us in the plant at the time. I took this picture after seeing something swaying side to side out of the corner of my eye. I was in the basket of a man lift coming down when I took the picture. By the time I unhooked my harness to get out of the basket the creature was gone. The police were called and walked premises. The officer told me there were 26 UFO sighting calls throughout that night. If you zoom in you can see the silhouettes of eyes and elongated mouth. I have no doubt of what I believed I seen that night. The other person that saw it with me took off running for the truck.

The odd little creature instantly reminded me of the Duende, the terrifying little gnome that keeps popping up in South America. Has he moved up to Texas? I went ahead and did my own enhancement on the image, and sure enough, it certainly looks like there’s a face there, though even creepier, it looks like the visage of a giant insect if you ask me.

Check out the enhancement below and let us know what you think about the photo. Did the night crew capture something genuinely bizarre, or is it something else? Tweet us @WhoForted, swing by our Facebook page, or leave a message in the comments section below.

bizarregnome2

Editor-In-Chief at Week In Weird
Documentary film-maker, professional monster chaser, and unapologetic mystery monger, Greg is the founder and Editor-In-Chief of Week In Weird. When he's not occupied by writing about the wide world of the weird, he's busy directing and editing documentary films like The Bigfoot Hunter: Still Searching or writing about offbeat travel for Roadtrippers. He's currently in production on his new project: an original documentary web series titled Engaging the Strange. He currently lives in Cincinnati.

1. Todd Misura

03/30/2013 at 12:44 PM

Looks like a tall underdressed Jawa to me actually.

• Coppertop

03/30/2013 at 8:40 PM

That’s two votes for Jawa. You guys are making me want to watch Star Wars again.

2. George

03/30/2013 at 1:53 PM

Looks like a little Mexican woman.

3. RayG

03/30/2013 at 2:07 PM

A material gas plant… with only 4 people. Then I hope there are security cameras that could fill in some information. As for a “miniature humanoid”? AKA “a child”…

• S.

03/30/2013 at 6:48 PM

Not that it would be *more* odd than an unknown entity mincing around but what would a child be doing at a gas plant in the wee hours of the morning?

Smoking cigarettes and reading dirty magazines?

4. Jon

03/30/2013 at 2:19 PM

the arm to leg length looks like a toddler bigfoot to me, or a fake. I can’t tell at this resolution, but here’s to wanting to believe!

03/30/2013 at 2:30 PM

I’m more concerned about what he/she/it is holding in his/her/its hand. Is that a sickle? A piece of trash?

6. Pingback: Small Humanoid Creature Photographed Creeping Texas Gas Plant | This and That

7. Marc

03/30/2013 at 3:26 PM

Jawa?

8. Henry Paterson

03/30/2013 at 8:45 PM

No frame of reference for scale, no context of indoors or outdoors and awfully brightly lit for 3 am, the figure does not seem to be casting a shadow and for all that I see could be a midget wearing a garbage bag.

The story is interesting, if there were security camera corroboration that would at least be something.

03/30/2013 at 9:55 PM

I don’t know about you, but if I saw a midget in a garbage bag running around an industrial-ish area at night, I’d crap my pants. Forget space aliens, this is where the real horror is.

9. Chew

03/30/2013 at 9:43 PM

I don’t see a shadow.

10. Sharon

04/01/2013 at 12:29 AM

Ok the original pic close up is way creepy once you see the face. It looks like the things face is turned up a little to the side like it is about to make that awful noise from the invasion of the body snatchers. Ugh. no thanks. I probably would have stayed in the lift and peed myself just a bit.

11. Flalaski

04/01/2013 at 10:21 PM

Looks like a hobbit, with a round sheild on his back.

12. KM

04/02/2013 at 9:03 AM

Having (unfortunately) sojourned in Texas, I can say one thing: I’m 5’3″ and I’m a giant compared to a lot of the Mexican guys there. You can scare up a dozen “midgets” on any trip to HEB in a crappy San Anto hood.

13. Ady

04/02/2013 at 10:13 AM

Bug on the lens.

14. butch

04/11/2013 at 4:26 AM

all i know was that it was easily startled but returned in greater number later on.the sound of the siren from the cop car was mistaken for a krayt dragon and fled the area. it most assuredly came back with more sand people and finished scouting out the dune sea……i mean texas.

• Trav

04/07/2015 at 6:26 PM

Touché

15. Pingback: Mysterious ”Gnome” Like Creature In Texas! | Paranormal Encounters

16. Trav

04/07/2015 at 6:33 PM

It looks like It has mouse-like ears and a long snout – it reminds me of those masks doctors wore I’m the renaissance period to prevent disease? The object held in his hand resembles a short stave, club etc. The hand on his left, the one not wielding anything, is hard to see and is either at a poor angle to be viewed in the photo, or is gnarled and boney. Is it also possible that the entity is facing away from the camera and the face is simply a mouse mask? I know it sounds far fetched by no more than the photo itself. Responding to earlier comments about the lighting it appears that areas not covered by the industrial stage lighting are quite dark and that the area with the entity is well lit by flood lights