“Luminous Poltergeist” Filmed by Terrified Witness [Video]

luminouspoltergeist

A French man is convinced he’s captured a spirit on camera after the phantom woke him from a nightmare.

Just before 6:00AM on Thursday, Georges Lurk was awoken from a nightmare to the sounds of Steven Spielberg’s Poltergeist playing on the television. After waking from his dream while violently shaking, Lurk had a feeling that something was wrong, and left his friend’s home to shake off the fear and grab a breath of fresh air. That’s when he saw a poltergeist that didn’t belong to Spielberg.

“I was frightened and I recorded the sound of the animals to keep a souvenir from that night,” he wrote on YouTube. “When I recorded, I saw movement on the screen, so I looked at it. The light was almost vanished. I waited, eyes lock on the screen, craving to see more activity. I thought nothing more happened, so I stop recording. But when I saw the video again I noticed a second luminous spectre.”

The video shows Lurk standing on a desolate road beneath a street light. As various animals howl in the background, a halo of light suddenly beams out from the lamp, crowning the screen momentarily before it disappears.

Is this some kind of ghost? Lurk believes so, even others do not.

“I hate myself for not recording my entire walk back to my friend house.. It could be a credible paranormal proof ..”

My first thought was that the weird flare could have been a drop of moisture on the lens (as it appears to be raining outside) but it doesn’t appear to bead or drip the way a drop of rain would. Condensation, perhaps? A portal to the spirit world? A Spielberg summoned spectre? Watch the clip below and let us know what you think on Facebook, on Twitter, or in the comments.

1. Raven Storm

04/06/2013 at 2:54 PM

So is the guy taking the video the same person standing to the left?

04/06/2013 at 3:20 PM

Weird.. I didn’t even notice anyone standing to the left.

• Matt

04/09/2013 at 10:12 PM

It’s the guys hot breath on the lens. And then it evaporates. The entire view distorts not just the light.

• shawn

04/09/2013 at 11:17 PM

Did anyone notice that the anomoly appeared at the lightpost?? The light is also a halogen light and it looks like that camera is trying to focus on something near the light. Lets say a bug, bird, bat or whatever. It does not appear to be paranormal or at the very least inconclusive which means nothing.

2. Jon

04/06/2013 at 4:24 PM

uhhhh huh sure. I see the pavement looks damp so it was either raining at the time, or very very humid. If water hits the lens it moves upside down compared to the picture, don’t know why it just does. So water or dew hits lens, and causes lens flare right at the source of light. Perfectly natural explanation, and for the love of god why do people think this is paranormal? Gesh I’m not the skeptic here, I see ghost all the time and hunt them too!

• Dingo

04/09/2013 at 12:56 PM

Thanks, I thought the exact same thing. There are WAY better spirit videos out there. this is a waste of time.

04/09/2013 at 1:19 PM

We just report ‘em when they’re posted! If you’ve got a handful of better ones, by all means, mail them to editor(at)whofortedmag.com and we’ll feature them.

04/07/2013 at 6:29 PM

It’s either a water effect or something from a Tool video. Vaguely flamelike, I guess. One of millions of optical effects we can’t classify because all we have is a grainy video, sadly.

4. Lew Dobbs

04/08/2013 at 10:47 AM

This is not just water drops falling on the lens please stop the bs.This looks real to me despite what most are saying on the post.

5. alanborky

04/08/2013 at 2:46 PM

Greg is the second luminous spectre the crown shaped image you’ve pictured at the top the figure on the left edge obscuring the view of the ‘phonebox’ most apparent about 14 seconds in or the grey shape shifting streak left of centre and just under half way down the screen which appears and disappears between the 9th and 10th second?

Or to put it another way if the figure on the left’s the filmer after he’s rested the camera on a wall or something who or what’s subtly moving the camera?

Definitely seems to be a major upsurge in frightening or threatening presences at the moment.

• Tony

04/09/2013 at 11:17 AM

People are you kidding me!?!

You never seen a rain drop hitting the lens of the camera!?!?

6. Patrick Fennelly

04/09/2013 at 5:37 AM

It really needs to be called into question why a man is filming outdoors, alone and at night. That’s my first gripe.

I think though that its just a bit of water on the lens, can’t see much out. Although the figure seemingly standing off to the left is slightly disturbing.

7. Gary

04/09/2013 at 5:35 PM

It’s in the right location and the right angle to be a lens flare. I would go with the most likely explaination first.If you see it on video, but not with your eyes,be sceptical. Your eyes are much better optical equipment.

8. TINA

01/01/2014 at 8:34 PM

I think its real. If you play with your zoom you will see a guys face plain as can be. With dark hair. You can see where his eyes go but can not make out color. If we believe in our Lord why not ghost, spirit or whatever is poping up from time to time. Give people a chance before you knock down what they found and want to share. Everyones afraid to show proof of anything in our world because we are so critical of the ones who do.Happy New Year to all.