Weird “Bubble Creatures” Invade Nature Preserve During Full Moon

bubblecreatures

Continuing the new trend of “what the hell is this thing?” is a video of some very weird “bubble creatures” that mysteriously appeared in a central Florida nature preserve a few weeks ago.

The video, uploaded to YouTube by NightFallFXANS, shows dozens of strange “pods” swaying in the water’s current, as fish poke and prod the objects. The uploader, who shot the video at the Betty Steflic Reserve in Flagler Beach, Florida, says that in all his years of visiting the location he’s never seen anything like the “bubble creatures”, and wonders if they had anything to do with the lunar phase.

“[These are the] strange bubble creatures that appeared during low tide,” he wrote. “Of all my visits to the reserve, this is the first time I’ve seen them. Could it be they only come out during the fool moon?”

I can’t help but wonder if the weird objects are even creatures at all, and while my first instinct is to consider that they may be egg sacs of some kind, they certainly don’t look like any fish eggs that I’ve managed to find. Any ideas?

Give the video a look below, and if you think that you know what the “bubble creatures” might be, let me know! You can share your thoughts on the WhoForted Facebook page, on twitter @WhoForted, or in the comments section.

Huge thanks to Rev. Jeff at the Squatcher’s Lounge for passing this along! Go check out his great fringe news roundups!

05/06/2013 at 6:03 PM

• Coppertop

05/06/2013 at 6:11 PM

Never mind. Guess I missed the part with the fish while I was typing my previous response. My bad, mods.

• Byron Malerba

05/08/2013 at 6:43 AM

They ranged in size from 3-5 inches in diameter.

• sean smith

05/08/2013 at 8:16 AM

the fish are about an in long

2. Sergei

05/07/2013 at 12:19 AM

Maybe not fish eggs but the egg sac of some amphibian, probably.

3. Pingback: Icliks Incoming

4. alanborky

05/07/2013 at 11:39 AM

Woh!

Greg someone’s finally found the place where all the dodgy breast implants go to die.

If the legends’re true and since I’m their inventor it remains to be seen during a blood red full moon they all fuse together to become the new Nick Redfern that’ll replace the old worn out one.

For convincing scientific evidence of this possibility see Duncan Jones’ Moon.

5. chris

05/07/2013 at 6:48 PM

Hoax. Notice he said “fool moon”.

• Byron Malerba

05/08/2013 at 6:42 AM

• sean smith

05/08/2013 at 8:20 AM

no hoax, just bad spelling

6. Byron Malerba

05/08/2013 at 4:45 AM

Hello all and Sir(s) thank you for posting my video.
    I will try to answer some questions.

Q: “I wish we had a decent sense of scale here. A ruler, a foot, a banana, anything. Any idea how big these things actually are?”
    A: They ranged in size from 3-5 inches in diameter.

Q: “Hoax. Notice he said “fool moon”.”
    A: lol… that was a typo, sorry about that! and it’s fixed now. A hoax, that’s pretty funny…

• Byron Malerba

05/08/2013 at 2:41 PM

Thanks Bill!! I would say they are very close to what was seen here. I believe you’ve found the answer. =)

7. JillV

05/08/2013 at 2:22 PM

someone is growing pod people

what happened to them after this? why weren’t they popped or pulled out at least? I would have been curious enough to try and dissect the weird thing.

• Byron Malerba

05/15/2013 at 9:56 AM

I filmed them from a boardwalk going over the water. A bit too far down for anyone to reach without a long stick. Also, they were gone within a couple days.

8. Pingback: Weird “Bubble Creatures” Invade Nature Preserve During Full Moon | This and That

9. Colin

06/16/2013 at 7:14 AM

And no one thought to collect a few of these things? Unbelievable!