“This is No Joke”: Bigfoot Shooting Reported by Police in Altoona, PA

bigfootdead

Was Bigfoot shot and killed in Altoona, PA this morning? It’s possible says Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society.

In a message posted earlier today to the PBS facebook page, a man going by the name “Daniel C” claimed to have overheard a call dispatched across his police scanner of an apparent shooting of what he described as a Bigfoot. He also claims a body was retrieved from the scene.

“You guys might want to check out the Somerset County state police call log,” he wrote. “I heard a call come over my scanner  [saying that] a gobbler hunter shot a Bigfoot this morning and they did find a body. This is no joke, that call was real. ”

Bigfoot Evidence reported yesterday that Pennsylvania Bigfoot Society president Eric Altman has made a formal statement:

At this point all this is rumor and a claim. Once I have more info and more details, I’ll update you. I can confirm we are investigating this claim, but as of right now. That’s all it is, is a claim. We do not have any information or proof to support this claim. Once I have more information that I can confirm, I will let you know. Until we do, no further rumors will be released. We do not want to jeopardize any possible legitimate information at this time.

No more information is known about the location of the shooting or the state of the alleged body. Here’s hoping the coming days bring more information as the story unfolds, but judging by how tales of murdered monsters usually pan out, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

What do you think of the news? Did someone finally manage to blast Bigfoot? Or is someone having a little fun at ‘Footers’ expense? Share your thoughts with us on Facebook, on twitter @WhoForted, or in the comments below!

Dana Matthews
Dana Newkirk is a co-creator and regular contributor to WF? 'Zine. Dana hosted the internationally syndicated television series The Girly Ghost Hunters, which originally aired on the Space Channel in Canada. It was pretty terrible. If you so choose, you can catch the reruns on Sunday mornings around 4:30am on channel 44. Her main interests lie within the genre of vintage fringe, though she has been known to stand awkwardly in the background of many Who Forted videos.
Dana Matthews

1. Todd

05/15/2013 at 9:24 AM

Oh wow I hope its not dead…

2. Marc Ferris

05/15/2013 at 9:35 AM

If true it would have generated my interest from the press as specialists were called to the scene. If they had a dead bigfoot calls would have been made to nearest universities, NAS, and the Smithsonian for help.

3. Henry Paterson

05/15/2013 at 9:35 AM

I’m not finding that quote on their page.

4. Bill

05/15/2013 at 10:28 AM

I am sure that if any “normal” person actually shot and killed big foot, they would have been posting pictures on the web. Lets see the pictures for proof positive that what was reported was true

5. SylverWyrd

05/15/2013 at 12:47 PM

Someone probably just shot his best friend in a monkey suit. lol

6. alanborky

05/15/2013 at 2:30 PM

Dana my suspicion’s this’ll possibly prove to be something along the lines of those FBI style scams where they send out winning lottery tickets and wait for the crooks to show up and collect their prizes.

In this case the cops may be try’n'o draw out and locate someone they suspect’s using a police scanner for untoward purposes or perhaps guys running some Breaking Bad style mobile still or meth factory who’s known to be nutty enough about Sasquatch to check out where the body’s supposed to’ve fallen.

7. Brad

05/16/2013 at 4:18 PM

This is not real. Altoona is like 40 to 50 miles away from somerset. If you all are going to lie about it at least get places that are close to each other.

8. Henry

05/16/2013 at 7:50 PM

The report is in and it was a misidentified bear footprint, the rumor mill expanded the story to include a dead body.

9. damageinc

08/31/2013 at 12:40 PM

I live in Altoona, PA and have have heard that Sasquatch killed bigfoot in a fight over beef jerkey…