In news that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone, serial Sasquatch hoaxer Rick Dyer has taken to social media to come clean about the dead “Bigfoot body” that he’s been touring the country with. That’s right, folks, it’s definitively a hoax. The reveal comes after Dyer announced that he would be retiring from a largely panned “national tour” that has suffered numerous setbacks and cancellations.
Here is the official statement in its entirely, spelling errors, terrible grammar and all (skip to the bottom for a TL;DR summary):
From this moment own I will speak the truth! No more lies, tall tales or wild goose chases to mess with the haters! No more longing into my hater acct to heat the pot. All the so called info the haters received came from either me or a team members that I directed . True or not we just wanted people to talk eg.Prop maker, Addresses, People involved. It was crazy just for the attention!
The people on my tour knew everything from day one, They just didn’t expect me to ever come clean, They thought they could say anything they wanted and I couldn’t respond without giving my self up!..
I’ve learned from past mistakes and I knew not to put to much trust in people. I found out quick I couldn’t trust my house guest. I had a baby monitor in there room the whole time. It was funny to me that they kept telling on each other to me, leaving out what they said of corse. It was a big game to me watching the greed and seeing what people would do and how far people would go for money!
We added it up last night here is what people made including Cash, meals and entertainment.
A. $11,668 + $260 bank he didn’t return , $600 Samsung S4, and $1435 for a 2 year contract Over $5000 in cash
L $6235 + $600 i phone and $1435 for a two year contract, Almost $4000 in cash
D $200 ticket and meals
C $250 ticket and meals
M.$800 cash and a plain ticket to and from Vegas
Coming clean about everything is necessary for a new start!
- Musky never saw the body, We stayed at hotel all night playing slots. He only wanted to mess with the Bigfoot community and I took advantage of that.
- The Body in the trailer is similar to the hight and size only of the real thing.
- Andrew acct was not hacked , he used one of my laptops and when I turned it on a conversation with Dale was on the screen. I read it and found out what was going on. Took about 300 screen shots and logged out. There is nothing to give back because I never had it.
- We all was expecting over 200k in Daytona ,when that didn’t happen ,People started trying cover there ass Andrew left when I was gone picking up the wife and kids from the airport and took the money from that day and turned his phone off. The only reason Andrew is making the false claims is to look good for and befriend the haters so they wont attack his side businesses.
- When we was in Spokane, WA , Andrew was the camera man and we filmed many different scenarios.
- Lynk knew before he came but to be fair he did say that, he would only agree if we would really go hunting for Bigfoot in hopes of trying to get one himself.
- Miniola TX was false, I saw nothing and played off a women’s obsession. I just wanted to make a movie!! and that I did. Lynk ,Andrew and Craig believed that something was out there….But it was just me shaking the bus and throwing stuff on the top of the bus…Can’t say what happened once I left but I gave them a Bigfoot experience minis the Bigfoot!
- Craig got off bus because ,he don’t finish anything, Lynk got off to kill a Bigfoot that wasn’t there. I tried to get them to stay but couldn’t.
- The tour was successful only because it opened peoples mind to Bigfoot and when it comes down to money Andrew made 20% $11,668 Plus Plus and Lynk made over 10 % $6235 Plus Plus.,,,,,,,,The kids and all my fans smiles would have been payment enough for me….
- My Fans I truly love you and I did shot and kill one Bigfoot on 09/06/2012 with Morgan Mathews.
- The Tent Video is 100% real and filmed with Morgan. FBFB has the Video complete with sound to prove that Morgan was with me!
- Not trying to be a smart ass , But when I said the haters made this happen and made me money that was the truth!
Controversy sales in a very big way.. It wasn’t Andrew that made the media come a monkey can make a phone call… it was the haters and I really thank them for that…
Everyone that went on my tour had less than $100 in the bank with nothing going for them, some didn’t even own a car.I made their life better, I never treated anyone bad, Im a joker , I play around thats just me….
Team Tracker will be reformed and Tim Fricke will still be president. We will continue with the second leg of the tour that is already booked. The side show will continue to inform people about Bigfoot..
I have made lots of people mad but 1000X more smile!
I can’t and won’t give you a date of anything to do with the real body because I don’t know.
- After the shot will be sent out on April 15th 2014.
- I’m working with a attorney that has donated his services for free.
The Future is bright for Team Tracker and thanks for the support! We are making history!
No one came to me with any problems at all when they was here in my face! It;s all done from behind a keyboard.
I will say I have so much junk and drama that I can show and tell you, screen shots emails ,and more! But i’m just not that way anymore…
That is the 100% truth guys!
Thanks and God Bless
For those of you that couldn’t decipher that chicken scratch, here’s the summary: ”I did shoot Bigfoot, but Hank was a dummy I had created. I made a shitload of cash on the tour, lied a whole lot about seeing Bigfoot, and no I won’t tell you where or when I’ll show you the real dead Bigfoot. I’m just coming clean because we’re planning another hoax that I need you to believe, sucker.”
Of course, one of the people involved with the film Shooting Bigfoot, already, ahem, shot down his claims, revealing that the film was scripted, likely with a man in a rubber suit. The interesting thing to note about his announcement is Dyer throwing his entire team under the bus after they decided they weren’t making enough money and jumped ship. Now Dyer claims that they all knew the truth the entire time. Swell guy, that Dyer.
This makes it the third time that Dyer has pulled off a high publicity Bigfoot hoax. Is the third time the charm? We’ll see.